2022- A Year Ends

 This year threw many surprises. Which is not surprising. Had it not, that would have surprised me. I found a new job and moved (so what's new, you might ask, and I would understand). So new colleagues, along with a few who are a short distance away (the other end of town, where I lived between 2013 and 2020).

This time, towards what could be the last innings of my full time career, there are enough challenges to keep me occupied, along with my team here. Adding both faculty and students at a furious pace is never easy. Even one of these can be challenging. But both? Yes, it will take some doing. We are a new university in Indore, and the city is coming into reckoning, apart from its no.1 rank in Cleanliness. 

It is at the cusp of professionalisation, somewhat like Bangalore before Infosys. And we saw what happened there. I actually was a student in 1982-84 at Bangalore's hallowed IIMB. There are many initiatives like the Super-corridor for I.T. firms (TCS, Infosys are already here) and educational institutions - both of which can be a potent force for change in a few years. 

The Metro is taking shape, pretty fast. Might change the pace a bit, when it starts. The airport is probably the best connected in M.P., similar to Nagpur as far as Central India goes. All these are possible indicators of something happening. Let's hope we can contribute to this becoming a happening place!

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot