Meetings of the Heart

 How do we meet people? Frequently, at college, school, workplaces, but increasingly, online too. Or we are introduced by someone. In my case, I have met people through my books also, because someone who has read them, will come up and say so.. 

After the initial meeting, though, it's up to both sides to decide if you want to continue to meet, just as in a dating situation. Therefore, the third or fourth meeting may decide if the silsila is likely to continue. I have been fortunate to have many friends acquired through all the above means, that have been wanting to meet up, and have, in many cases. Many are alumni of various B schools I have been at, Many are classmates, too. 

Shatakshi is one I have caught up with frequently, as she knew me from IIM I, but not directly, as I did not teach her. I have met her and Varun, her husband, several times now. We had a recent meeting just two days ago. Nishka Kumar I have met twice in the last 3 years. Abha Kulkarni is another ex-student I never taught, but have met a few times.. Sheetal Garg too (we share an interest in Hindi music). Tosha Dubey, Sirisha Adi, Khyati Jha, Anuj Mathew, Harshad Lunavat, Shruti Sharma, Aditya Naag, Nikita Kumar, Kanika Mhendiratta, Anshita Chetty, Gowri and Sreeram, Rupam Verma, Ishita and Anurag, Anusha M. and Aashish, Surbhi Mehta, Supriya Jain, Animesh Jain, Anant Ajmera, Divya Singh, Shraddha Nigdikar, Meghna Sinha, Meghana Joshi, Varun Somaiya, Garima Shah, Pragya Singh, Manjari, Ishan, Ankita, Keyur are some IMTians I have met on and off. Also Smita in Dubai, and Swapna and Vidya TC in Singapore a few years ago, all from KIAMS. Rajeev (and his wife Sangeeta) I got re-acquainted with recently. Shailaja Gupta has formed a regular group of IIM alums who meet up, and she also gently coerced me into doing a video on Personal Branding- I enjoyed it!

More recently, Pratima Gaikwad took me out in Hyderabad for a biryani- long live Pratima! And Anusha Soni took me out for some exotic stuff in my backyard, Pune- Prabhat Road. She will also live long! :) Anushka Mishra and Savitha are regulars in Bangalore, both from KIAMS. Also Jogeswari and Padmapriya in Hyderabad and Delhi. Nidhi Kanungo of course, visited me at Indore since she's an Indori. Met Bharath Shenoy, and Nagendra Shenoy from IFIM, once or twice at Bangalore also. And Chaithu too. Pooja Varun from PES, who is an agri-entrepreneur, a unique thing in itself. Played Golf with Vikram of IMTG recently at ASC Bangalore!

Also have been meeting a few of NMIMS Bangalore alums since I got here. Hope to meet a few more!

Met many of my ex-colleagues from PES, IFIM, VJIM, KIAMS, IMTN, IMTG, IIM I, IIML, and XIM over the years. Dhanapal and Vijayakumar I met recently at Coimbatore, and we also went Golfing earlier to hill stations in Tamilnadu. And classmates based here too, from the 1982-84 batch of IIMB. A couple of meetups with engineering classmates happened at Hyderabad, and a few schoolmates too, since last October! Played Golf with Venu from O.U. over the years, at Delhi and recently Hyderabad. Muthu from my company MBA, and I have played at KGA and ASC. 

Feels great to be in touch, and to be touched by so many nice people!

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot