Woman Umpire in Cricket

 More bastions are being conquered by women. One such is cricket umpiring. We got lucky, and met Gayathri, one of only 3 umpires in India who are women. She happens to be a friend of our colleague Preeti Ravikiran, and was on campus to meet her. So naturally, we hijacked her for a while, and had a scintillating conversation, and a little Golf Putting outing too (my idea). During the conversation, I found out she is an alum of XIMB where I taught early in my career (though she was there later). Some pics.




Prof. Preeti, Gayathri, Prof. Narayani and I try out putting on the front lawn of our campus.


1 comment:

Harimohan said...

Nice. Right place for her. Cricket is growing like crazy!

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot