Why Thoughts Occur

If you thought that this was going to be a brainy kind of research-based post on the brain, think again. I just thought (why?) that I should post something and to keep that thought alive, started typing. You get the drift? Ok, so now, let's take it a step further.

Thoughts occur for a few basic reasons.
1. A brain thinks it has to have thoughts.
2. You can ask it to shut up, but usually don't. You know how it is, with certain people; so it is with certain parts of your body.
3. Therefore, thoughts occur.
4. Sometimes, they are simple fulfillable desires-like I want ice cream, or a chai, or, to listen to a song.
5. Sometimes they are not- like wanting to become the ruler of Baghdad (isn't someone?), own a yacht (not sure even how it's spelt), own a beer factory (someone does, I am pretty sure), have twenty butlers at the same time (notwithstanding that their butts would collide with each others' in their eager attempts at buttling), etc..

Then, finally, I thought about why I should think any such random thoughts. And instead, like a good follower of the numerous gurus I have read, decided to be in the present. And concentrate on the cup of tea I have in front. After the effort of all that thinking, it does taste very good.

1 comment:

Diamond Head said...

Saw a stimulating documentary on the history of Chai last night just as I was falling asleep. Priciest yet is made in China and sells for USD 300 per gram.

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot