Change Happens

 Change creeps up on us when we are not watching. It's not a Big Bang, but mostly incremental. Every person we meet, every film we watch, or book we read changes us. It's a small change, and we may not notice it. Maybe we notice it when it's accumulated into a large enough one. 

Maybe I can think of a couple of examples from my life. I did not notice I had it in me to write, maybe a book. But I had been writing small articles for college mags, or a wall mag we ran in my Business School, for many years. Once the realisation hit, I did it, too. But the point is, I didn't notice myself turning into this writer while it was happening. A caterpillar perhaps doesn't realise it's going to be a butterfly one day :) 

You may notice this change a little better in others- for good or bad. Like friends drifting away, or new ones coming into your life, or characteristics of people changing. It's easier to notice any change in others, compared to noticing it in oneself. H.R. professionals ask for specific feedback from others, maybe for this reason. I think I am a calmer person than I used to be, though it could just be an effect of growing older! I still get aggravated sometimes, but mostly I forget about it fairly quickly. That's a good thing, I think.


2 comments:

Diamond Head said...

If you have not already -Tipping Point - is a good read.

And then some change is rounding error.

Rajendra said...

Yes, I have tipped. On another note, a serial called The Family Man on Amazon Prime caught my attention, thanks to Pooja. Well-made, by Indian standards of serial-making.

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot