Engaging With People

 In digital marketing, one of the objectives is increasing engagement on various media. But suppose you want to do it in your life, how do you go about it? Well, I don't want to sound like Dale Carnegie 2.0, but many of the same principles would apply, I suppose. I am probably reiterating what others have said before, but from experience.

It's easier to engage with many people at once on social media, because it's faster. To develop a relationship with 5 people would have taken years -10? -without social media, whereas here, you can do it with 50 people in 3, maybe 5 years. Of course, you still need to listen, remember things about the other person, and use your own strengths (quirks, if unique to you) to engage. The results can be amazing. I speak from experience.

It's not about you, but the other person. Find out what they are good at, ask questions, give them a chance to look good (not literally, but to express themselves), and applaud when they do. That tip alone was worth a million, but I will let it pass. I have already sold my Ferrari, and am fine with my Maruti...

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot