Kerala

 I had visited a lot of Kerala in 1983, all the way from Cannanore (now Kannur) in the north, to Quilon (Kollam) in the South, for my internship, doing some market research- my headquarters was Kochi (Cochin at the time). But I actually went to live there in 2003, and worked at IIM Kozhikode (Calicut, where Vasco Da Gama had landed before me, in 1498 or so- he came by sea).

During those two years, I spent some time exploring the nearby places, and the beach in town. I don't remember a lot of the names, but remember going to a lake in Wayanad someplace, a dam and a beach not far from Calicut. There was also a bungalow called Casa Marina by the sea which we sometimes rented/went to, for a day-long party. There was also a restaurant called Paragon that was a favourite, especially for its seafood. Another was Sea Queen, on the beach, for its location.

I also played a cricket match in the local club, with my friend Ravi, and did pretty OK with my batting. He had the small Daewoo car that went out of production later. Also a Bullet bike, and collected gems. Uday Damodaran, my classmate, was also with me on the faculty during those two years. 

IIMK's campus was very picturesque, and I visited a couple of times on invitation. Some pics- 


At the campus on a visit recently, looking out of my room.


Dheeraj, a Malayali ex-student from KIAMS (left), whom we met in Chennai a couple of years ago.


IIMK campus- pretty, ain't it?


Above and below- Munnar, where we went Golfing in a foursome- Vijayakumar taking the tee shot, and Dhanapal, me and Ravi Gadgil looking on.



No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot