The Early Khans of 70s Bollywood

 I remember Feroz and Sanjay Khan from my early days at the movies, much before Shah Rukh and others came along. Aamir was playing a kid in Yaadon ki Baraat then. 

Sanjay Khan was definitely the handsome one, and starred in quite a few unremarkable movies. Dus Lakh, Babul Ki Galiyaan, Mela, Dhadkan and Dhund were some of these, and I mostly remember nothing of these. But he was tolerable as an actor.

Feroz was the stylish one, and in later years, he made his own films and starred in them. They had him playing larger than life roles, like Dharmatma or Qurbani. I haven't seen Jaanbaaz, but I can guess how it would have been, based on past films of his. Qurbani became famous for introducing Nazia Hasan to Indian films. The Disco Deewane girl sang Aap jaisa koi meri zindagi mein aaye, to baat ban jaaye (under Biddu's music I think), and became a rage. Laila main laila by Kanchan was also a big hit.

Last I remember seeing Feroz was in Welcome, a crime caper.

Of course, there was Amjad Khan and his wonderful debut in Sholay in 1975.

No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot