Orissa

 My memories of Orissa start from 1988, when I first visited Bhubaneswar and Konarak as a part of a honeymoon trip. Then came my first stint as a prof. in XIM in 1991, just after returning from the U.S. I did not stay long, but made friends for life. Some I still meet or interact with -both students and faculty colleagues. 

The most recent visit was in late 2019/early 2020 when I went for a conference, conducted at Mayfair Hotel, a sprawling, and luxurious property with staircases like we used to see in old Hindi films. Also met Gopal, who was my colleague at XIM (and IMT), now at IIM Trichy. In between, in 2011, I was there the day India won the cricket world cup. 

These are from 1988..




Recent visit..salesgirls at Tribes India, and Gopal, ex-colleague at XIMB


The staircase.. and Rohit, IIM Indore student I ran into



This is from Mayfair hotel...
of the staircase fame.



No comments:

Long Awaited Goa Trip

 It finally happened. The family went on a vacation to Goa and stayed at a new place in Candolim called Lillywood Highland Resort. Also foun...

These Were Liked a Lot