Best Movie Titles-Bollywood

I put on my thinking cap- which I do, occasionally- and gave serious thought to the most creative movie titles of all time (time for me, is basically post 1960, when I entered the portals of this world). I came up with the following -

1. Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaaye- a nice comedy drama from Rajshri Pictures.

2. Albert Pinto ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hai- by Saeed Mirza, I think.

3. Love in Tokyo, made when half of India didn't know their Tokyo from their left toe.

4. Ishq, Ishq, Ishq, by Dev Anand. It's somewhat like the advertising wisdom, followed by the Nirma jingle, that you should repeat the product name as many times as possible. Darling, Darling, also a Dev Anand movie, did the same.

5. Mughal-e-Azam. In terms of a zabardast title, one can't get any better. The sound of it, and what Prithviraj Kapoor did in his dialogue delivery, was wonderful.

6. Ishq Par Zor Nahin- I think it starred Dharmendra, and the line is taken from a famous sher (Urdu poem) by Ghalib, or a celebrity poet of his stature.

7. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro- lovely title for a rollicking comedy.

8. Thodasa Roomani Ho Jaayen- an Amol Palekar, Nana Patekar movie, if I remember right. Very different in its theme and treatment.

9. Aap Aaye Bahaar Aayi. Nice thing to say to someone.

10. Khosla Ka Ghosla. Very evocative title. Gharaonda too, on the same lines.

1 comment:

Diamond Head said...

Ek chadar maili cee was I thought about unfinished load of laundry but turned out something else .. If memory serves it included a fave actor of mine called Rani Mukherjee - again why anyone would call their offspring Rani is confounding but beside the point

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot