It is the day of the annual budget presentation for the Indian government today. If I were to make a monthly budget for even my own house, I would be thoroughly confused. But here is my feeble attempt.
Fuel- Price of petrol x 100 litres
Electricity- Too confusing, with all those slabs differently priced. At a guess, Rs. 2000 in the Nagpur summer- next 2 months.
Movies. Multiplex tickets- 240 and single theatre - 120 (for four films a month, two in each)
Groceries- When in town, 2000 Rs. a month.
Books- Ranging between 2000- 3000.
Phone- 1000.
Cable- Rs. 200. (mostly unused)
Wife, children- Attempt to keep their spending under control, usually unsuccessfully. So, no accounts.
Free- blogging, conversation (non-phone variety), Golf at the campus, walking- anywhere,
Any wonder that I do a lot of the last in my spare time?
A blog about life, Hindi music, films, humour, books, people, places, events, travel, and occasionally, marketing management or leadership. Mostly apolitical, because that is a personal matter that each of us should decide on, and because I don't want to lose readers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remembering and Forgetting
Apart from passwords, I mean. Over the long run. And after retirement. I keep forgetting things academic, or related with the work I used t...
These Were Liked a Lot
-
Got a surprise visit from two IPM alums who were in my Marketing Research class too- Amogh Jawa and Vanshika Chaudhary- she's on to a P...
-
These are not the official ones, but meets with alums of different places I have taught in, personally, either at Indore or elsewhere. Met ...
-
Golf has given me a lot of new friends- teaching it, I mean. One of these I taught on request, was a talented actor from IIM Indore FPM pro...
-
Ok, this is a continuing series, and many more people I know are yet to be covered. But let me try- NIFT Students- Thanks to Bhaskar Banerj...
-
Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...
-
Usually, I am not very talkative. But in the right company, I can hold a long conversation. Happened again in the company of my friend Swat...
-
Not blues, because it wasn't my wedding! On tour to Mumbai, managed to attend a friend's son's wedding. It was in Juhu area, at...
2 comments:
No wonder.
And this is your personal budget?!
Miscellaneous charges (water, eating out, clothes and other accessories shopping and more) to be added to the list! ;)
Yes, a few things need adding. Rent, for instance. Clothes/shoes are an annual item, so they do not spring to mind immediately in a monthly budget. I rarely eat out in Nagpur, preferring the taste of my own cooking. On tour, of course, there is no option, so I do get to taste some others' cooking. Thankfully, the EMIs are over since I have an old car all paid for.
Post a Comment